Thank you for choosing Platform Sync! Please follow the below instructions to set up your service:
- Go to https://www.platformsync.io/my-account/edit-account/ and scroll down until you see “Platform Sync Bot Details”.
- Fill in all the necessary fields. If you do not know how to get Discord IDs, you can follow this guide to enable on your client. Please refer to the table below for an explanation of what each one is.
- Invite the bot to your discord server using the invite link in the main menu.
- Once the bot is in your server, confirm that the permissions are correct. The bot should have:
- Manage Roles
- Send Messages
- Manage Messages
- The bot also needs to be higher in the roles list than both your Verified role and your Nitro role. Failure to do this will mean it will not be able give users those roles.
- In a chat channel, the bot has access to type
/auth. This will generate your API key, which will be DM’ed to you.
- If you already have Nitro Boosters in your discord, enter the command
/loadnitroto sync your current nitro users with Platform Sync.
- You will need to set up a discord chat channel that non-verified users can see. This is where you will show your users how to link their Discord accounts with their Steam accounts. Once you have set this channel up, use the
/instructionscommand in this channel to display the embed.
- Install the Platform Sync oxide plugin on your server and fill in the predefined fields in the config file. The plugin can be downloaded from https://www.platformsync.io/my-account/downloads/
That’s it, and you’re done! If at any point you get stuck, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team on discord at https://discord.gg/7PtDYGrU74
Platform Sync configuration fields
|Discord Guild ID||The discord ID of your main discord server that your community uses.||Platform Sync|
|Discord Role ID||The ID of the discord group you want to automatically give to verified users.||Platform Sync|
|Nitro Role ID||The ID of your Nitro Boosters discord group.||Platform Sync|
|Admin Search Role ID||The ID of the role you give to your admin team. This is the only group that will be able to use the /search function.||Platform Sync|
|Verified Oxide Group||The name of your oxide group that you want to give to verified users who join your rust server.||Platform Sync|
|Nitro Boost Oxide Group||The name of your oxide group that you want to give to Nitro Booster users who join your rust server.||Platform Sync|
|Admin Discord Guild ID||The discord ID of your admin discord server that your admin team use to administrate your servers (not required if you don’t have one).||Platform Sync|
|Admin Server Search Permission ID||The ID of the role you give to your admin team in your admin discord. This is the only group that will be able to use the /search function.||Platform Sync|
|Custom Link Page Logo||This logo will be displayed on your custom linking page.||Platform Sync Pro|
|Custom Background Image URL||This background will be displayed on your custom linking page.||Platform Sync Pro|
|Embed Colour Picker||The colour of your custom instructions embed.||Platform Sync Pro|
|Embed Bot Name||The name of the bot for your custom instructions embed.||Platform Sync Pro|
|Embed Bot Avatar||The Avatar image of your custom instructions embed.||Platform Sync Pro|
|Webhook URL||The webhook URL for where you want the instructions embed to be sent to.||Platform Sync|